A full-featured SEO project management tool is the need of the hour to sky-rocket the traffic of your website and assist you in making tasks easier. In today’s competitive world, whether any business you own, monitoring the online performance of your website is of utmost importance. You need to keep an eye on the keywords’ performance, seo reports, research driven data and more to excel your company among the competitors. In this era where website and mobile app development services also lay focus on the importance of SEO, it’s high time for the businesses to embrace one of the leading SEO tools.
In order to get the best results, the first thing that is you need to know is about SEO. Before choosing an SEO tool, you should be aware about the features that must be in a good SEO tool to gain maximum benefit. Some of the must have features in an SEO tool are,
- On-page analysis
- Visual link graph and ranking monitor
- Meta details report
- Support for international search engines
- Scalability to have transparent view of all the phases of SEO lifecycle
- Robust reporting solution for report generation
- Keyword discovery and landing page mapping
- Page level competitive analysis
These are some of the basic features that an SEO tool should have, there are a number of other features offered by the latest tools for getting maximum results.
Top SEO Project Management Tools
We have tested the leading SEO Project Management Tools for all the major features and penned down the top 7 tools that ace in all these features,
- Google Tools
Google Tools tops the list of SEO tools with the Google Search Console and other useful features. This tool is quite user-friendly and almost everyone worried about ranking on Google uses it. Google Search Console is free for anyone who owns a website.
- Search Analytics feature to guide you in how to get organic traffic
- Get periodic Crawl Error reports
- HTML Improvements feature to get rid of missing metadata or content duplication issues
- XML Sitemap for testing your sitemap that will be crawled
- Fetch as Google feature to ensure that your webpages are search engine friendly
- A Robot.txt file to give search engine bots instructions on what is to be crawled
SEMrush is a boon for the digital marketing professionals as it provides a complete marketing toolkit with 28 advanced features and tools for any task related to digital marketing. SEMrush is known for providing the highest amount of paid and organic search content to its users.
- Domain v/s Domain Analysis to compare your website with competitors
- Content Analyzer to gauge your content by giving various metrics such as social impact, user behavior, etc.
- Keyword Difficulty feature that allows you to know how much difficult will it be to rank your keyword
- Backlink Audit Tool will assist you to check and find backlinks and its types, geographical distribution of the links and more
- Domain Specific Keyword Ranking for getting accurate information of the keywords to be targeted
Yoast is a free search engine optimization WordPress plugin that provides you assistance in making your posts, webpages or website SEO friendly. It is great for acquiring control over a website’s SEO by optimizing it for specific desired keywords.
- Yoast automatically submits the Updated Sitemaps to Google and other search engines
- Generation of XML Sitemaps and updates it regularly with new content creation
- Custom Meta-title and Meta-description for targeting the right keywords and enticing the target audiences
- Check Focus Keywords, maintain Keyword Density, reminder to solve page issues, slugs, etc. that drives your on-page SEO with Yoast
- Easy addition of Page Redirects and Breadcrumbs to manage the traffic
Moz is one of the leading SEO tool providers that uses most advanced research tools for search engine optimization of your website by offering an SEO keyword generator, link analysis tool, etc.
- Link Explorer feature gives options including domain authority, domain linking, list of top pages, spam score, etc.
- Fresh Web Explorer allows you to search recent mentions and brand mentions.
- Keyword Explorer is one of the best features of Moz and provides metrics, new keywords suggestion, organic CTR, and more
- “Explore By Site” option shows you the keywords that your competitors already rank in
- Site Crawl option is used for SEO Audit with an intuitive interface
- Rank Tracker shows your rank in Google with details about keywords and suggest keywords movements
Long-tail keywords have a comparatively lower level of competition and KWFinder assists you in finding these keywords and generate analysis reports on SERP and backlinks.
- Find Hidden Long-Tail Keywords for any niche
- Keyword Lists to organize keywords and effective planning of keyword strategy
- Local SEO for finding localised SEO
- Keyword Difficulty for efficient keyword optimization
- Autocomplete and Questions for getting suggestions on unique keywords
Ubersuggest is one of the best keyword finder tools developed by Neil Patel. It assists you in finding keywords and shows top rankings in the SERP for them. Get the exact term to use in your website with Ubersuggest, whether it’s long-tail or short keywords, you get the exact match.
- Domain Overview to get details about strategies that competitors are using
- SEO Pages Report tells you which pages of the competitors are ranking to get the organic keywords
- Get Keyword Suggestions with volume, competition and trends for each keyword in the list
- Content Ideas to know which contents are most ranked or has maximum backlinks
7. Screaming Frog
Screaming Frog SEO Spider is a website crawler that helps you in boosting your onsite SEO by monitoring and auditing the most common problems.
- Find Broken Links to quickly send it to the developer to fix
- Easily Discover Duplicate Content with md5 algorithm check
- Data extraction with XPath to collect data from HTML
- VIsual SIte Architecture to gauge internal linking and tree-graph visualization
- Instant Integration with Google Search Console, Google Analytics and Page Speed Insights
These are the best SEO project management tools in the market that you can use in 2020, but these aren’t all, there are many more tools that you find tailored to your needs. Furthermore, just these tools might not give desired results, a thorough understanding of your niche, competitor analysis and content generation are some of the tasks that you need to carry out effectively. These tools will optimize your website and make it efficient enough to give a tough competition in the market. Get experts to design a perfect strategy for skyrocketing the digital marketing for your business today!